As part of the further training program for managers launched by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology Carl Duisberg Centren frequently conducts programs that are designed especially for managers working in the area of mining and the commodity industry. Besides providing assistance when initiating business with German companies the main topics are safety at work in the mining sector and sustainability.
The management further training program for mining and the commodity industry has been attracting participants from countries like Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, India, Vietnam, Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan.
The visitors are imparted expert knowledge in the area of mining and the commodity industry as well as new incentives concerning management methods and the intercultural interaction with German partners. Practical knowledge can be gathered through visits of numerous company locations of the respective industry in North Rhine-Westphalia. The visits are part of a comprehensive business cooperation program. Being an international provider of human resources development, the "Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)" has tasked Carl Duisberg Centren with the execution of the program. The programs, each lasting 4 weeks, are financed by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) and are a tool of the German promotion of foreign trade and investment.
The program is made up of practical and interactive trainings in line with different management methods, intercultural trainings, numerous visits of company locations and individually designed appointments with German companies in order to facilitate business relations.
The participants are given the chance to gain first-hand experience and to get new insights into the latest technological standards and research results. They can learn more about innovations as well as engineering and production methods and they can establish contacts with potential German business partners.
By initiating business contacts, the program aims at strengthening business relations between the target countries and German companies in the field of mining and the commodity industry. Furthermore, the participants are familiarized with the German business culture and will increase their personal management know-how.
The management further training program in the area of mining and the commodity industry enables German and foreign companies, especially small and medium-sized companies, to seize the opportunities of globalization and to strengthen partnerships.
- foreign trade and investment aim: support of companies, especially small and medium- sized companies, in exploration of respective markets
- training aim: transfer of knowledge to a selection of executives of foreign as well as German companies in order to increase their skills in maintaining bilateral business relations
- economic target: assistance in developing business relations between German and foreign companies
Task for Carl Duisberg Centren
- execution of management trainings, each lasting 4 weeks
- recruitment of participants and execution of introductory seminars
- development and execution of practical trainings focusing on different management skills (presentation techniques, international management, human resource management, innovation management, project management, quality management, customer relation management, corporate social responsibility, initiating business etc.)
- execution of intercultural trainings
- preparation and execution of visits of sectoral company locations in Germany
- organization of individually organized appointments to support business relations
- coaching and counseling according to needs of participants
- support in preparation of project reports on specialized topics
- safe knowledge transfer
- alumni-networking and online-tutoring
- execution and preparation of follow-up seminars
Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, India, Vietnam, Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan
Start of Program